CLINICAL AND TEACHING
Clinical Psychologist in Private Practice, 2007 – Present
- Psychotherapy with individuals, couples, and families.
- Treatment of mood and anxiety disorders, including avoidance and self-esteem issues.
- Treatment approach is integrative and includes treatment modalities such as Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT); Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT); Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT); and psychodynamic psychotherapies.
Assistant Professor, 2015-2019
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Inpatient Precepting. Rounding with medical staff on the inpatient Family Medicine service at Mt. Sinai Hospital; precepting residents on psychosocial topics relevant to patient care.
- Curriculum Development. Developed psychiatry rotations across different settings, including community mental health clinics and addiction treatment programs.
Behavioral Scientist, 2013-2019
Institute for Family Health – Harlem Residency in Family Medicine
- Developed psychosocial curriculum for the residency program with content differentiated for senior and junior residents.
Supervising Psychologist, 2007-2013
St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital – Center for Intensive Treatment of Personality Disorders (CITPD)
Psychology Fellow, 2006-2007
St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital -Addiction Institute
Psychology Intern, 2005-2006
St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital -APA Accredited Clinical Psychology Internship
Columbia University, Teachers College, New York City, NY
– Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, May 2006
Duke University School of Law, Durham, NC
– J.D., May 1993
Haverford College, Haverford, PA
– B.A. in Philosophy, May 1987
ShawPittman, Corporate and Securities Practice Area, Washington, DC
Corporate Associate, 1998 – 1999
Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, Corporate Practice Group, Dallas, TX
Corporate Associate, 1996 – 1998
Clifford Chance, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Junior Attorney, 1994-1995